Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The jinx

Real-life buddy Andy took me to the ballgame tonight as a belated birthday present. The Angels lost to the Royals, making that three in a row for me going back to last season. Like I've said before, God hates me. He hates me so much. This was also demonstrated by the bun on my Louisiana hot link, which promptly disintegrated as soon as I picked it up. The same thing happened to Andy, too.

But I had a good time with a good buddy, and we had kickass seats. They were really close to the home dugout, only about fourteen rows up from the field. This was the first time either of us had seats in the area of the stadium where hard-hit foul balls fly screaming into the area where you're sitting, petrifying Andy with fear every time one was hit near us. "Oh my God, we're going to die," he said at one point. But God must love us just a little bit, because we escaped with our lives.

No comments: