Friday, April 18, 2008

Pump it up

Last weekend, I went to fill up at the gas station and I had a couple of memorable experiences.

First of all, that was the first time the total to fill up my '99 Honda Accord (not a real gas guzzler) topped fifty bucks. It's a good thing I don't drive all that much. Seriously, I only have to fill up about twice a month, if that. But still, that really sucks. Boo to "Big Oil"! (As opposed to all the little Mom and Pop Oil Companies, which are okay, I guess.)

Secondly, while I was standing there, pumping my gas, some dude pulls up next to me in one of these, gets out, and heads into the mini-mart to buy something. Which wouldn't be all that astonishing, except for the fact that he left his window rolled down and the engine running. I was standing there, my mouth agape, thinking about how goddamn easy it would be to steal a shiny, new $70,000 car.

Aside from the fact that the most serious crime I've ever committed is probably jaywalking, I just couldn't do it because it would have been a shame to violate this guy's child-like faith in the goodness of his fellow man.

On the other hand, he might have just been a rich douche with more money than sense.

Damn it, I knew I should have stolen that car!

No comments: