Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gold rush

I'm not in the habit of telling other people how to do their jobs, but when they make a really, really stupid mistake, like this jewelery store clerk did, I can certainly make an exception to that rule:
[A] man strolled into an Edmonton, Alberta, jeweler and asked to see several rings and necklaces, one after another.

Once he had loaded himself up with thousands of dollars worth of trinkets, he made for the door.

[...]

Allowing customers to weigh themselves down with jewelry is "certainly not something that we would recommend as it didn't turn out so well for this store," Edmonton police spokesman Jeff Wuite said on Tuesday.
Mr. Wuite, on the other hand, is doing a bang-up job, with the added bonus of a talent for understatement. I mean, if I were in his place, I'd be sorely tempted to call the clerk a dumbass, making sure that the press quoted me on that.

No comments: