Thursday, August 14, 2008

What do you leave for a tip?

Somehow, I don't think this would work down at my particular watering hole:
A pub is offering pints for potatoes, or any other home-grown produce, in a bartering initiative which is taking off as the credit crunch bites.

The Pigs pub in the village of Edgefield, eastern England, is offering the free booze in exchange for fruit, fish, meat or vegetables which can be used on its menu.

"If you grow, breed, shoot or steal anything that may look at home on our menu, then bring it in and let's do a deal," says a sign in the pub, which has swapped pints for a kilo of potatoes, three mackerel, or a locally-shot rabbit.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that if I tried to pay for a few drinks down at the bar with some fish or a dead animal, they'd probably ask me to leave. In fact, I think it's fairly likely that the police would end up getting involved.

No comments: