Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Let's beget it on

I'm not a very religious person, but the few times I've been to church over the last few years, I don't remember them ever talking about this kind of thing:
The pastor of a mega-church says he will challenge married congregants during his sermon Sunday to have sex for seven straight days — and he plans to practice what he preaches.

"We're going to give it a try," said the Rev. Ed Young, who has four children with his wife of 26 years.

Young, 47, said he believes society promotes promiscuity and he wants to reclaim sex for married couples. Sex should be a nurturing, spiritual act that strengthens marriages, he said.

"God says sex should be between a married man and a woman," Young said. "I think it's one of the greatest things you can do for your kids because so goes the marriage, so goes the family."
I realize that he's probably still talking about the nurturing and spirituality and such, but am I the only one who's still just a little creeped out by the suggestion that having frequent sex is good for your kids?

No comments: