Thursday, December 04, 2008

Um, there's just one small problem...

Dead men tell no tales, and I'm pretty sure they sign no forms, either:
Sally Guidon said she wrote to North Manchester General Hospital officials after the death of her father, James Johnson, 76, listing a series of complaints and asking for hospital staff to investigate the death, The Daily Mail reported Thursday.

However, Guidon said hospital bosses responded with a letter saying they needed Johnson to give written approval before his file could be opened.

"I cried for about an hour and a half when I got the letter," Guidon said. "It was the final insult, I don't know why I was surprised by it after seeing the way they cared for Dad -- it is typical of them to make such a basic error."
The article goes on to say that hospital administrators blamed the letter on an "administrative error." Well, I would certainly hope so. After all, if it was standard procedure, that would be incredibly stupid.

No comments: