Monday, September 07, 2009

Well, at least he didn't test positive for steroids

I'm not a fan of chess, but if I happened to be the kind of person who plays the game for a living, I think I'd probably show up sober for my job:
A leading French chess player turned up drunk and dozed off after just 11 moves in an international tournament in Kolkata, losing the round on technical grounds, domestic media reported Friday.

Grandmaster Vladislav Tkachiev arrived for Thursday's match against India's Praveen Kumar in such an inebriated state that he could hardly sit in his chair and soon fell asleep, resting his head on the table, Hindustan Times newspaper reported.
There are plenty of jobs where you might be excused for being exhausted enough that you need to take a rest, but I don't think "Guy Who Plays Chess" is among them.

No comments: