Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Something personal

I haven't mentioned it here before, but my Grandpa is in the hospital. He's 98, and he's got pneumonia. My Uncle and Aunt live nearby, and he seems to be doing better over the last few days. We've had a couple of scares, though, since he was admitted.

Thankfully (and I've knocked on A LOT of wood) my Uncle said that yesterday, he may have "turned the corner," and is getting better.

I don't tend to talk about personal stuff here, preferring to link to stories about idiots who have screwed up their lives through criminality and/or stupidity, but I'd like to ask the few people who visit this place on any sort of a regular basis to think of my Grandpa in your hopes and prayers for a while. I've mentioned this already at The Hostages, which is a den of scum and villainy until someone needs some help, at which point it becomes a (dysfunctional, yes) family, and I've received a lot of support. The people there who trade the vilest, most profane jokes with me over there have actually offered their kindest wishes, over and over.

Anyway, if you're stopping here for whatever reason (and if my Sitemeter is any indication, you're here for a photo of Jennifer Love Hewitt that I put up back in November) please spare a happy thought for my Grandpa.

No comments: