Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When sweatpants are just a little too classy

I guess it's somewhat comforting (heh) to know that we Americans aren't the only people in the world who buy stupid shit like this:
The House of Bath said snuggle suits, fleece jumpsuits with elastic at the wrists and ankles, are selling at a rate of more than 350 per month, outselling the slanket, a blanket with sleeves, more than 3-to-1, The Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.

The retailer is billing the snuggle suit as "prettier than a tracksuit and more comfortable for lounging in than a bathrobe."
Um, aside from the fact that the "slanket" sounds like a cross between a blanket and a skank (and really, that sounds comforting) correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the "snuggle suit" already exist? I'm pretty sure I had something like that when I was little, called "jammies."

Rest assured (well, maybe that's not the right word) that you'll be seeing people wearing these during one of your future weekend visits to a supermarket. Fun!

No comments: