Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The opposite of robbery

So, a guy walks into a Starbucks, and...
The witnesses said the man walked into the Brookline Avenue location Thursday, said "I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm rich!" and threw the approximately 100 $1 bills into the air, WFXT-TV, Boston, reported Tuesday.

Nutritionist Tara Mardigan said she and the other customers stood in stunned silence after the man calmly walked out of the store.

"We all just sat there stunned. Nobody scrambled for the money like you would think they would," Mardigan said.
Hmmmm...let me put on my hack comedian hat here:

"Of course not, they were all too absorbed with writing their novels on their laptops."

Or

"Of course not, you can't get anything for a hundred bucks at Starbucks."

On a positive note, the employees apparently gathered up the cash and donated it to Japanese earthquake relief efforts.

No comments: