Thursday, December 08, 2011

I heart Amazon.com

I've been using Amazon Prime for just about all of my Chrimmas shopping for the last couple of years, and it's perfect for someone like me who procrastinates like crazy and hates going to the mall (or, really, any stores) at this time of year.  Just about anything I order shows up within two days, and I don't pay for shipping.  Awesome.

I ordered something the other day without checking first to see whether or not the person I was going to give it to already had it, and you can see where that's going.  I tried to cancel my order, but since they send stuff out at warp speed, they told me that wouldn't work and instead directed me to their returns page.  I'd be able to print out a shipping label and send it back at no cost, so that would be fine.

Now, here's where it gets really cool.  When I clicked through, intending to print out the label, they told me that I could just keep the item and they would refund my money.  How cool is that?

If the mall wasn't already dead to me, it certainly would be as of now.


No comments: