Friday, December 15, 2006

Gingerbread Nazis strike again

Remember the artist asshole who had too take down the "holiday display" he made featuring gingerbread Nazis? Well, he found someplace else to put it up, and is doing at the bestest possible time of the year:
An artist who was forced to remove his Nazi gingerbread men from the window of a hardware store has set up the display in an empty storefront in another town.

"The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men" depicts a small gathering at a Nazi rally. Keith McGuckin set up the display in this northeastern Ohio city Thursday night, a day before the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah begins at sundown.
My emphasis, of course. What a dick this guy is. I understand that he has a right to express himself, but this is obviously in bad taste. And again, he uses the "I didn't mean to offend people, I just wanted to provoke thought" line. Well, get this:
He said he wasn't aware he had set up the Nazi gingerbread men so close to Hanukkah.

"This one does seem to rub people the wrong way," he said. "But I hope it'll stay up for a little while."
Well, since people obviously are offended, why be so pig-headed about wanting it to stay up, even after learning that he's putting it back up right around Hanukkah? Because he's a dick, that's why. Pardon me for lacking the Christmas spirit, but I hope somebody kicks his ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he'll have an accident. I've been a good boy this year, Santa might grant me this wish. Please, Santa!