Monday, April 09, 2007

I'm sure all his other personalities voted for him

Gee, I wonder why this guy never wins elections. Oh yeah, it's because he's nuttier than a fruitcake.
An eccentric 78-year-old inventor who was thwarted in his fourth attempt to become governor of Tokyo was undaunted, saying he plans to run 16 more times and will win by outliving his opponents, local media said Monday. "I'm going to live to 144, so I'm still only middle-aged. I can run for Tokyo governor 16 more times," the Sports Hochi newspaper quoted Yoshiro Nakamatsu as saying.

"In that time, all the others will die off, so I will be elected," added Nakamatsu, the self-proclaimed inventor of the floppy disk and the oldest candidate in the race. Nakamatsu came fifth in Sunday's election, which gave 74-year-old Shintaro Ishihara his third term as Tokyo governor.
Uh, I hate to break it to you, Methuselah, but there's a flaw in your plan. You see, there are going to be other people who will run in the future, not just the same guys you think you can wait out.
Ishihara won 2.8 million votes, according to national broadcaster NHK's Web site, while Nakamatsu got 85,946, or 1.6 percent of the total.
That's actually not too bad for a crazy person. I guess that was because of his platform, which was actually, well, half sane.
Nakamatsu had promised to lower taxes and safeguard Tokyo's 12.6 million residents from missile attacks with an invention that would make North Korean missiles do a U-turn.
As any good liberal will tell you, tax cuts are just plain bad policy. What was he thinking?

No comments: