Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The marrying man

Who would've thought having multiple wives could be so complicated?
A Saudi man lost a bit of his nose in a joint assault by his two wives after he jokingly threatened to marry a third woman.

Judaie Ibn Salem had thought his threat would help resolve an argument over dividing up his house.
Right. Because threatening to marry someone else is a surefire way to provoke a rational response from a woman. Or, in this case, two of them.
"I swore that I would do it because ... they were impolite and that's when I came under an even bigger attack," Ibn Salem told Shams newspaper after having seven stitches inserted.

"I never realized they would get so worked up. But the only way to restore my dignity is really to take a third wife."
Uh, I'm not really sure that's such a hot idea. Sounds like he's having trouble enough with just the two of them.
"I don't know what I'm going to lose next if I do that."
I think you can see where he's going with that.

No comments: