Friday, May 02, 2008

Shouldn't she have seen this coming?

I'll admit that I don't know a whole lot about gypsies, and what I do know mostly comes from old horror movies. That said, isn't some kind of curse more traditional?
A fugitive wanted for allegedly killing a Sunset Boulevard fortune teller as part of a bitter feud between two Gypsy families has turned himself over to police in Phoenix, Los Angeles police said today.

Frank Shano Siganoff, 24, is charged with throwing a burning Molotov cocktail into Rose Marco's Hollywood storefront last September, setting her ablaze and leaving her with injuries that caused her death six days later, detectives said.

After the LAPD last week made public allegations that Siganoff had set the blaze, Deputy Chief Charlie Beck said, the fugitive gave himself up.

"We are on the way to Arizona to interview him and bring him back," Beck said.

The feud began over a broken engagement, police said. Within days of a marriage plan being announced over Easter 2005, relatives of Marco called off the wedding.

The other family demanded that the Marco clan pay $5,000 because of the show of "disrespect" in canceling the wedding, and warned that the life of a Marco relative would be in danger if the money was not forthcoming, police said.
Well, I guess that prediction turned out to be accurate.

Damn, I'm going to hell for making a joke there, aren't I? Or at least getting cursed. I mean, more so than already.

(By the way, I stole the title for this post from the e-mail subject line of a certain blogger who wishes to remain unnamed, who also hepped me to the story. He knows who he is, and I love/hate him for being funnier than I am. And for being more successful. Damnit.)

No comments: