Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wedding day jitters

Lots of people get cold feet on their wedding day, but I'm pretty sure most of them handle the situation a lot better than this guy did:
A Japanese man set fire to the hotel where he was due to get married at the weekend, rather than go through with the ceremony later the same day, newspaper reports said Monday.

Tatsuhiko Kawata, 39, had gone along with wedding plans despite already having a wife, the Yomiuri newspaper said.

"I thought if I set a fire I wouldn't have to go through with the wedding," the Yomiuri quoted him as telling police.
The thought occurs to to me that it may have been a wee bit easier to just tell the gal that you were, you know, already married sometime before the big day. Sure, there probably would have been an ugly scene, but most likely a lot less prison time. Dumbass.

No comments: