Thursday, February 18, 2010

Honesty is the best policy

It's refreshing in this day and age to ask someone a direct question and to get a direct answer, without any bullshit. Of course, there are some situations where there's really no point in lying:
Sandy police Sgt. Troy Arnold said the homeowner heard a strange noise at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday and discovered a man had entered his home through a rear window and was loading items from the home into the resident's car, The Salt Lake Tribune reported Thursday.

Arnold said the homeowner demanded to know why the man was in his house and the suspect responded: "I am burglarizing your home."
Confronted in a similar situation, I would have used my superior intellect to demand to know why the homeowner was actually in my home, and then asking them to leave. I would even nonchalantly pour myself a drink as I was doing all of this, getting into the homeowner's head.

Then, I would spend several years in jail. But it would be funny as hell.

(For me. Not for the terrified homeowner. But my amusement is what counts.)

No comments: