Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Can't sleep. Congressman will eat me.

Please, please, please have him appear during political sessions in full clown makeup, a wig, and a tasteful suit...
Voters the world over complain about having clowns for politicians, but Brazilians embraced the idea on Sunday by sending a real one to Congress with more votes than any other candidate.

Francisco Everardo Oliveira Silva, better known by his clown name Tiririca, received more than 1.3 million votes in Sao Paulo state in Brazil's presidential and congressional elections. That was more than double the votes of the second-placed candidate in Brazil's most populous state.
One of his slogans was "What does a congressman do? The truth is I don't know, but vote for me and I'll tell you," which is refreshing in the sense that he's an outsider and not a professional politician, but to my mind doesn't exactly say much about his competence.

That, and he's a fucking clown.

No comments: